Sunday, August 10, 2008

Dogs... (sigh)

Umm... I had never had dogs before in my whole life, my parents wouldn't let me have any when I was growing up. My dad had always said "No dogs, they are messy, and I'll be the one cleaning up after them".
I just about had it the other day with Tilly and Koda.
They didn't really do anything bad, but it was raining - I didn't know or else they would have been inside - they decided to run all over the carpet, covered in mud AGAIN. I was upstairs painting, so Beau cleaned it up for me. (whata sweetheart)
So he locked the dogs in their crate, I finished painting, and went to lay in bed and read, I was super tired for some reason, Beau comes in and said... "I hope you weren't attached to these..." and hands me my sunglasses.
Before I tell you my reaction, let me tell you about my sunglasses...
They were cheap, like 6 bucks, but they were like perfect sunglasses! They fit my face, didn't leave marks on my nose, and that was the first day I got them.
So when he gave me the glasses, the ear pieces were bitten off and the lenses were destroyed... I threw the remains of my glasses against the wall and let out a big "UGH!!!!" rolled over and sulked for a bit.
I know, I over reacted, they were cheap...but here is a list of what my dogs have destroyed: 4 pairs of my shoes, ipod earphones, Christmas decorations, 3 computer cords, cell phone chargers, potty-ed all over the floor, covered my carpet in mud multiple times, one of beau's flip flops, a couple hats, 1 xbox controller, belts, chairs, buckets, water bowls, brooms, books, cups, and they have been chewing on the air conditioner cord(which is kinda stupid, cuz they electrocute themselves, and throw up) and we had to re insulate it a couple times.
I was just fed up. Don't get me wrong, I love my pups! They are sweet, and hilarious to play with.
I just needed to vent, PS- if you are thinking about getting a dog... don't do it. HAHA

6 comments:

The Garlock's said...

I feel your pain on this one! Lady has chewed up so many things and yeah she chewed up my cheap sunglasses to and I lost my nice ones. I think they are like kids sometimes, your mad at them but at the same time you love em to death!

Tatum Rogers said...

oh my gosh, i was laughing so hard just now when i read the part about all the things your pups have destroyed! Sorry for laughing, that would be frustrating, it is a good thing they are cute huh??? love you guys!

Melody B. said...

Sounds like a day in my house except I don't have any dogs...just kids!:)

Kevin & Tara said...

I know the frustration! Our dog chewed up our sprinkler system in our backyard. Sometimes I think dogs are harder than kids.See you soon!

Amelia Johnson said...

Check out blingblingbyamelia (dot) blogspot (dot) com for a BLING GIVEAWAY! Contest ends August 25th!

Erin said...

ok this post makes me laugh so hard!! not that he chewed up your frikin cute sunglasses, but that your dogs are drivin you nuts cuz i know exactly how you feel right now! Joel and Becca got a english bull dog puppy like 3 weeks ago and the day they bought it they went outta town and so i watched it for the weekend thinking it would be so much fun cuz he was so freakin cute! ya i was wrong! come monday i told Joel we were not gettin a puppy anytime soon thats for sho! haha anyways, hope all is well!